News ID: 275370
Published: 1210 GMT October 11, 2020

Bride, poisoned by her wild wedding flowers, had to rush to hospital on her big day

Bride, poisoned by her wild wedding flowers, had to rush to hospital on her big day
The bride slept while having her hair done.

Peonies, roses and sweet peas are popular for bridal bouquets for a reason.

Not only are they beautiful and smell heavenly — but there is also a VERY slim chance they'll accidentally blind you as you're walking down the aisle, reported.

And while we can't blame Christine Jo Miller for wanting to go against tradition, we imagine she'd do things differently after her wildflowers caused a poisonous reaction on her 2017 wedding day.

In a series of TikTok videos, Christine explained how she thought it would be romantic to use the snow-on-the-mountain flowers that grow in the allotment she'd bought with her husband in Nebraska, the US.

In the days leading up to the wedding, the bride-to-be picked enough flowers to fill a whole truck — but little did she know how poisonous they can be and can cause reactions similar to poison ivy.

The night before the wedding, the bride and her friends spent the evening arranging the wildflowers with white roses and baby's breath.

However, Christine woke up on her wedding day to find her face was covered in a nasty rash from the sap residue.

Posting a photo of herself lying on the floor, she wrote: "I started feeling sick and feverish from the pain.

"So I did the cucumber trick and slept while I got my hair done."

But while she'd covered her eyes in slices of cucumber, Christine was horrified when she realized she'd lost her vision because her face was so swollen.

At 11:30 a.m., Christine was rushed to the nearest emergency room — but to make matters worse, it wasn't open as the wedding fell on Labor Day weekend.

Amazingly, the bride was determined not to let the allergic reaction ruin her big day and found the strength to still walk down the aisle.

Security Key:
Captcha refresh
Page Generated in 0/7105 sec