“Amid the spread of the coronavirus and the imposed sanctions against Iran, so far, 4,151 films from 133 countries have been submitted to the secretariat of the festival,” he said.
Mikaeilzadeh reiterated that the festival had played an active role in informing other countries of the event, moqavematfilmfest.ir.
He added, “Due to the spread of COVID-19, we had no choice but to hold the festival in an online format.”
He also noted that holding the festival in an online format is considered an opportunity to utilize the current limitation to hold the event in a proper manner.
Mikaeilzadeh said the last deadline for submitting the works to the second part of this cinematic event is October 21.
He added that 200 international works are vying in different sections of the festival, adding that the sections including “Resistance Prominent Martyr,” “Narrations of Pen” and “Health Defenders” were warmly welcomed at the festival.
He said the festival has been designed in the way that jury members could reach the works in an online format and the films would be shown via the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) and other platforms.
Mikaeilzadeh said that cultural transactions have become limited temporarily but, undoubtedly, good works would be reflected and seen in the world.
The second part of the festival covers the “Main Competition,” “Resistance Prominent Martyr – Special Section,” “Best Film Competition in Absolute Sense,” and “Narrations of Pen - Scriptwriting Competition.”
Presided by Mehdi Azimi-Mirabadi, the second section of the festival will be held from November 21-27.