According to the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the meetings of the two expert groups on sanctions and nuclear issues started last week and will continue.
The results of the meetings of the two workgroups will be announced to the Joint Commission.
At the beginning of today’s meeting, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi seriously criticized Europe for its week reaction to the recent sabotage that took place in Natanz nuclear site and stressed that the members of the JCPOA should unanimously and with no political considerations condemn and denounce the incident that was an example of nuclear terrorism and clear violation of international law, IRNA reported.
On Sunday, Iran reported an act of sabotage that led to a power failure at the Natanz uranium enrichment site. Officials, however, said the incident had not led to any casualties, damage or complications.
Iran has blamed the act of nuclear terrorism at Natanz on Israel, which has a history of carrying out sabotage acts against Tehran’s nuclear work and assassinating the country’s nuclear scientists.
Last year too, Natanz was targeted in another terrorist move that blew up parts of the installation, in an attack that Tel Aviv is suspected of having orchestrated.
Araqchi who chairs Iran’s negotiating team in Vienna said that Tehran is not after time-consuming talks of attrition and stresses that the talks should be held in a clear framework and in an acceptable time frame.
Regarding the 60 percent uranium enrichment of Iran, he said that the measure has been taken in the framework of articles 26 and 36 of the deal and with the purpose of meeting Iran’s medical needs.
The goal of Iran is not negotiations for negotiation’s sake, Araqchi said before attending the Thursday meeting.
Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei has warned against protracted talks aimed at reviving the 2015 nuclear deal, reiterating that Iran will only return to its commitments under the accord once it has verified that all US sanctions have been removed.
Ayatollah Khamenei said on Wednesday that he has told Iranian diplomats to proceed with the negotiations, but cautioned them the talks should not drag on as this is harmful to the country, Press TV reported.
The Leader made the remarks during an online speech to mark the beginning of the holy month of Ramadan.