News ID: 314566
Published: 0605 GMT July 07, 2021

English man 'lucky to be alive' after trying to use stun gun as a shaver

English man 'lucky to be alive' after trying to use stun gun as a shaver

A man is 'lucky to be alive' after trying to use a stun gun as a shaver.

Mohammed Khan, of Roland Road in Bolton, England, claimed that he bought the device from a stranger round the back of a takeaway and had 'no idea' what it really was, wrote.

The 26-year-old appeared at Bolton Crown Court and pleaded guilty to possession of a weapon.

He told the court that he was 'approached by a stranger' at the 'back of a takeaway', who 'sold him a box with an electric shaver and charger'.

Khan then returned home, where he said he 'plugged in' the device and 'tried to shave' with it.

Fortunately, however, he did not suffer a shock.

Prosecuting, Eleanor Gleeson said: "Khan said the device did not charge up, so he put the device in a drawer and forgot all about it.

"He said that he did not realize the prongs were part of a stun gun as he had never seen one before and that if he had known the device was a stun gun he would have acted differently."

The stun gun was discovered at Khan's home on May 1, 2020 by Greater Manchester Police's Tactical Aid Unit.

According to reports, officers found what they said appeared to be a 'taser and charger in a bedroom drawer'.

Cops confiscated the device and it was later found by forensic investigators to be a stun gun.

Stun guns such as this boast a voltage range of one to 25 kilovolts, however, it's not clear how many volts Khan's gun contained.

The court heard that police noted Khan was 'lucky to be alive, because forensics proved the device did charge correctly to be a viable device'.

Defending, Stuart Neale said Khan thought that the stun gun was just a 'piece of plastic'.

It was heard that he had recently suffered a stroke and is now 'primarily housebound', receiving 'round the clock care'.

Neale told the court that Khan's health meant he would not be able to carry out unpaid work as part of his punishment.

He said: "It is thought that the stress of this put his blood pressure through the roof and brought the stroke on.

"He has got no money and is being supported by his family."

Judge Martin Walsh agreed that Khan was 'unfit to undertake any unpaid work and is of no financial means at the moment'. Khan was handed a conditional discharge of two years from July 6.

Security Key:
Captcha refresh
Page Generated in 0/7359 sec