News ID: 315238
Published: 0605 GMT August 02, 2021

Tehran reiterates warning on giving quick ‘decisive’ response to any adventurism against Iran

Tehran reiterates warning on giving quick ‘decisive’ response to any adventurism against Iran

Political Desk

Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman reiterated Tehran’s warning in a tweeted message Monday evening about giving a firm and quick answer to any possible move against the country following the United States and Britain blamed Iran for a deadly attack on an Israeli-managed tanker off the coast of Oman.

"As guarantor of Persian Gulf security, Iran strongly condemns provocative & orchestrated UK/US statements," Saeed Khatibzadeh said in a post on his Twitter account.

The United States and Britain on Sunday joined Israel in blaming Iran for the attack on the Mercer Street, a Liberian-flagged, Japanese-owned petroleum product tanker managed by Israeli-owned Zodiac Maritime and said they would work with their partners to respond to the incident. Britain also summoned the Iranian ambassador on Monday.

Iran has denied any involvement in the Thursday attack in which two crew members – a Briton and a Romanian – were killed.

Dismissing the baseless accusations, Khatibzadeh said in his tweeted message, "Having kept silent abt REPEATED terrorist attacks on IRANIAN ships, they now baselessly accuse IRAN. Any anti-Iran adventurism will receive IMMEDIATE & DECISIVE response."

Earlier in the day, the spokesman also reacted to US and UK anti-Iran move in a statement published on the Foreign Ministry's website.

He dismissed the Washington and London's statements as "contradictory", and said "if they have any evidence to support their baseless claims, they should provide them".

The spokesman referred to their “baseless accusations" as "false and provocative".

He also blamed them for effectively supporting "terrorist attacks against and sabotage of Iran's commercial ships" through their "silence".

Moreover, Iran summoned the British Chargé d'Affaires on Monday afternoon to the Foreign Ministry to lodge an official protest against British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab's false accusations after the UK summoned Iran's envoy to London.

Tehran also summoned the Romanian ambassador after the European country summoned Tehran's ambassador to level false accusations against Iran.

 

   
KeyWords
 
Comments
Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Security Key:
Captcha refresh
Page Generated in 0/9903 sec