Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh censured the Tuesday terrorist attack on a hospital in Afghanistan's capital, Kabul, where at least 25 people were killed and over 50 others were wounded.
Condemning the terrorist attack on a 400-bed hospital in Kabul, Khatibzadeh offered his condolences in a statement to the families of the victims of the terrorist act and wished a speedy recovery for the injured.
The spokesman further denounced any terrorist act that targets civilians, said the official website of the Foreign Ministry.
The attack was the latest assault to rock Afghanistan since the Taliban seized power, and took place when a suicide bomber detonated his explosives near the entrance of the sprawling site. Gunmen then broke into the hospital grounds, firing their weapons there, the Taliban said.
The hospital, which treats wounded soldiers from both the Taliban and former Afghan security forces, was previously attacked in 2017, when gunmen disguised as medical personnel killed at least 30 people in an hours-long siege.
Daesh has claimed four mass casualty attacks since the Taliban takeover on August 15, including suicide bomb blasts targeting Shia Muslim mosques.