News ID: 320860
Published: 0224 GMT April 08, 2022

Yemen’s Ansarullah welcomes Hadi decision to cede powers

Yemen’s Ansarullah welcomes Hadi decision to cede powers

After the exiled former president of Yemen officially handed powers, Yemen’s Ansarullah movement said the move deprived the United Nations of its excuse to continue supporting the aggressors in the seven-year Saudi-led war.

Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi’s “bogus government” has come to an end, Ansarullah spokesman Mohammed Abdul-Salam stated via his Twitter account on Thursday evening.

“The development has refuted allegations of the countries that attacked Yemen under the pretext of confronting coup plotters against him,” Abdul-Salam said.

“The international community and the UN no longer have an excuse to continue using the term ‘internationally recognized Yemeni government’ to massacre the Yemeni nation and enforce a tight siege on the Arab country,” he added, according to Press TV.

Abdul-Salam also slammed talks hosted by Saudi Arabia on the Yemeni conflict, saying the future of the Arab country will be only determined by the Yemeni people.

“The Yemeni nation does not care about the talks sponsored by illegal parties. The only option for the Saudi-led coalition to promote peace is to stop the attacks, lift its siege and move out its forces. Other than that, efforts to settle the conflict are nothing but desperate attempts to regroup mercenaries and use them to escalate the tensions,” the Ansarullah spokesman added.

Ansarullah has already shunned the meeting in Riyadh that was hosted by the Riyadh-led Persian Gulf Cooperation Council and involved representatives from the Saudi-backed Hadi administration as well as US Special Envoy for Yemen Tim Lenderking.

The Yemeni movement insisted that it would not travel to enemy territory for talks.

Earlier on Thursday, Hadi delegated power to a presidential council and dismissed his deputy.

Hadi also sacked his deputy Ali Mohsen al-Ahmar, a powerful military figure, and delegated Ahmar’s powers to the presidential council.

Last week, UN Special Envoy for Yemen Hans Grundberg announced a two-month cease-fire that went into effect on April 2, saying the truce could be renewed with the consent of the parties.

The deal stipulates halting offensive military operations, including cross-border attacks, and allowing fuel-laden ships to enter Yemen’s lifeline Hodeida port and commercial flights in and out of the airport in the capital Sana’a “to predetermined destinations in the region”.

Saudi Arabia launched the devastating war against Yemen in March 2015 in collaboration with a number of its allies and with arms and logistics support from the US and several Western states.

The objective was to bring back to power Hadi and crush the Ansarullah resistance movement, which has been running state affairs in the absence of an effective government in Yemen.

The war has stopped well short of all of its goals, despite killing hundreds of thousands of Yemenis and turning the entire country into the scene of the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.

 

 

 

 

 

   
KeyWords
 
Comments
Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Security Key:
Captcha refresh
Page Generated in 2/4466 sec